Why should I use Asheville Phoenix Properties to manage my rental property?
Asheville Phoenix Properties management team can make owning (and profiting from!) rental properties a hassle-free experience. Not only are we professional experts at handling properties and tenants, we generally take only a small percentage of your property's monthly rent in exchange for our services. When you consider what you get in return---a hassle-free, essentially passive income stream---the decision to employ Asheville Phoenix Properties is a no-brainer for the majority of rental property owners.
While the right property manager can greatly benefit any rental property owner, you might especially want to consider hiring Asheville Phoenix Properties if any of the following things are true:
- You live further than a couple of neighborhoods away from your rental property
- You're not a home maintenance guru
- You don't have at least 10-12 hours per month to deal with tasks related to your rental property
- You don't want to have to make yourself constantly available in case of emergency
- You don't have a good working knowledge of landlord-tenant law
- You don't ever want to have to worry about dealing with difficult or non-paying tenants
Is Asheville Phoenix Properties affordable for single-family rental owners?
Not only is Asheville Phoenix Properties affordable, using Asheville Phoenix Properties can actually increase your property's overall profitability. We charge a small percentage of your monthly rent in exchange for comprehensive services that range from finding and screening tenants, to handling emergency maintenance, to keeping the books and preparing year-end taxes.
For what usually amounts to $100.00-$200.00 per month, you can outsource all of the responsibilities related to managing to us. When you weigh that fee against the 10-15 hours per month you'd likely spend managing the property yourself, not to mention being constantly on-call in case of emergency, the tradeoff becomes pretty clear.
You should also consider that Asheville Phoenix Properties are experts at preventing vacancies and turnover costs, the two factors that can sink your profit margins almost instantly. As the owner of a single-family rental home, keeping your property filled is especially important---your total revenue is likely generated by a single set of tenants.
Do I really need a property manager?
As the owner of a rental property, you may be on the fence about whether or not to use a property management company. It can be tempting to assume that property management duties consist of "find tenants, sign leases, receiving rent checks," along with handling some minor maintenance issues from time to time.
In reality, managing tenant relations, staying on the right side of the law, being on call for any emergencies that come up, staying on top of home maintenance, conducting periodic property inspections, and handling the accounting and taxes can be a time-consuming effort.
Asheville Phoenix Properties team has developed systems that allow us to manage all of the above with maximum efficiency. Our expertise allows us to prevent problems before they arise, as well as handle any issues that do come up with minimum disruption to your revenue stream.
Asheville Phoenix Properties can:
- Fill vacancies in a timely manner
- Maximize the value of your lease agreements
- Handle both day-to-day and emergency maintenance
- Build and maintain good relationships with tenants
- Take care of accounting and provide regular financial statements
10 Reasons to Hire Asheville Phoenix Properties
If you've owned income property for any length of time, you know that managing a rental can be financially rewarding. At the same time, you've also likely discovered that property management requires a large commitment of time and effort.
While it may make sense to take the do-it-yourself approach if you're a handy person, live close to your property, and don't mind devoting several hours per month to the task, in many cases this just isn't practical---especially if you hope to expand your business. With this in mind, here are some critical tasks a property manager can help you with:
- Setting the right rental rates: While looking through the classifieds to see what other landlords are charging for similar properties is a fine way to ballpark your rent price, Asheville Phoenix Properties will conduct a thorough market study in order to help you set a rental price for your property, ensuring that you achieve the perfect balance between maximizing monthly income and maintaining a low vacancy rate.
- Collecting and depositing monthly rent payments on time: If you've ever worked in a billing department, you know that securing payment from clients can be difficult, not to mention awkward. Asheville Phoenix Properties has efficient, tried-and-true systems in place to effectively collect rent and maintain on-time payments. You'll find this particularly important if you have a limited number of properties, and collecting payments on time is crucial to maintaining your cash flow.
- Marketing and advertising your property: Through long experience, Asheville Phoenix Properties knows exactly where to market your property which is a significant advantage when it comes to filling your properties quickly and avoiding long vacancies.
- Finding the right tenants: Asheville Phoenix Properties are experts at finding good tenants, and will take care of all the details, including the securing all criminal background and security checks, running credit reports and collecting previous landlord references.
- Managing tenants: In addition to finding good tenants, Asheville Phoenix Properties will manage all aspects of the tenant-landlord relationship. We will handle both routine and emergency maintenance, take care of routine inspections, and manage any situations where conflict resolution is required.
- Managing vendor relationships: Asheville Phoenix Properties has relationships with maintenance workers, tradesmen, contractors, suppliers, and vendors that it's almost impossible for an independent landlord to duplicate. Not only will we get you the best work for the best price, we will oversee any necessary maintenance projects.
- Ensuring that you're in compliance with housing regulations and property laws: There is a multitude of applicable laws and regulations to abide by when renting and maintaining your rental property. These include local, state and federal regulations, as well as fair housing regulations (such as the ADA). Asheville Phoenix Properties can help you avoid lawsuits by keeping your property up-to-date and in compliance with these regulations.
- Enabling you to invest in geographically distant properties: If you manage your own properties, you're pretty much limited to investment opportunities within a tight radius of your own home. By hiring Asheville Phoenix Properties, you can take advantage of investment deals in any location you wish.
- Maximizing the profitability of your time: By having Asheville Phoenix Properties take care of the day-to-day aspects of running your income property, your free to spend your time identifying further investment opportunities or otherwise furthering your career.
- Maximizing the profitability of your money: Asheville Phoenix Properties charges a small percentage of your property's monthly rental rate in exchange for our services, which is generally less than the money you save by hiring a professional to take care of your property.